The Library and Information Services Council (LISC NI) is the umbrella body for libraries and information providers from the public, academic, government, voluntary and commercial sectors. LISC promotes high standards in library and information services throughout Northern Ireland by
- providing advice and consultation to the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure and to other Government Departments
- advocating on behalf of the whole library and information sector in Northern Ireland.
- promoting innovation, partnerships and the sharing of good practice among library and information providers.
Look through our website and read our blog to find out about the work LISC is engaged in.
- NI Publications Resource event at Belfast Book Festival
The NI Publications Resource (NIPR) will have a people on hand at an information stall as part of the Belfast Book Festival on Saturday 18 June. Northern Ireland Publications ...
- Library staff CPD events at Ulster
Two Continuing Professional Development workshops for library staff have been organised through the University of Ulster's Library and Information Management course programme. A...
- Guidance on maximising online resource effectivess
The JISC Strategic Content Alliance has published a series of reports, guidance and case studies summarising the key principles in maximising your online effectiveness all availabl...